Sotheby's, Fine Books and Manuscripts, including Americana; December 12, 2001; Sale Number N0 7746
Volksweisen: fur Clara Schumann zum 8. Juni 1854 : Faksimile nach der Handschrift im Robert Schumann-Haus, Zwickau.
Brahms, Johannes; Nauhaus, Gerd, Volksweisen: fur Clara Schumann zum 8. Juni 1854 : Faksimile nach der Handschrift im Robert Schumann-Haus, Zwickau.
Other Facsimile books that may be of interest:
- Message of the President, and report of Albert Pike, Commissioner of the Confederate States to the Indian Nations West of Arkansas, of the results of his mission.Richmond, Enquirer Book and Job Press, 186 Supreme Council 33°, A. & A. S. R., S. J., Washington, 1968
Cover title: Report of Albert Pike on mission to the Indian nations, Richmond, 1861"A facsimile reprint. 38 p. port. 22 cm Dewey:341/.0266
- Aiken, Conrad, The clerk's journal ,being the diary of a queer man; an undergraduate poem, together with a brief memoir of Harvard, Dean Briggs and T. S. Eliot Eakins Press, New York, 1971
[by] Conrad Aiken Includes "Facsimile of the original manuscript with comments by Dean Le Baron Russell Briggs. 26,  p. facsims. 30 cm Dewey:811/.5/
- Arensberg, Walter, The burial of Francis Bacon and his mother in the Lichfield chapter house;an open communication to the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield concerning the Rosicrucians. Pittsburgh, Pa., 1924
By Walter Conrad Arensberg Plates include plans and facsimiles 46 p. 20 pl. on 9 l. 28 cm Dewey:
- Bangs, John Kendrick, R. Holmes & co Literature House Upper Saddle River, N.J., 1969 [c1906]
Facsimile reproduction 230 p. illus. 22 cm Dewey:813/.
- Bunyan, John; Moody, William Vaughn The pilgrim's progress from this world to that which is to come delivered under the similitude of a dream, wherein is discovered the manner of his setting out, his dangerous journey, and safe arrival at the desired country Houghton, Mifflin New York [etc.] 1896
by John Bunyan, ed. with introduction and notes by William Vaughn Moody. Part I, from a facsimile of the first ed. 18 cm. xxii, 195 p. 18 cm.
- Cavalcanti, Guido; Pound, Ezra Rime Edizioni Marsano Genova 1931; anno 9 [i.e. anno 10 (1932)] c1931
Guido Cavalcanti. Edited by Ezra Pound.; Contains the poems in Italian, facsimiles of manuscripts of the poems, and matter from an abortive bilingual edition printed in England, including commentary by Pound and his translations of some of the poems.; Titlepage dated "anno IX"; cover dated "anno X."; "About 500 copies printed"--Gallup.; Gallup, D. Ezra Pound, B27. Edizione rappezzata fra le rovine. 29 cm. 56, xvi, 56 p., 40 p. of plates facsims. 29 cm. Dewey:851/.1 Cavalcanti, Guido; Manuscripts, Medieval; Manuscripts, Italian
- Crane, Stephen Maggie; a girl of the streets (a story of New York). Chandler Pub. Co.; Science Research Associates, distributors, Chicago San Francisco 1968
With an introd., a note on the text, and a bibliography prepared by Donald Pizer. "A facsimile of the first edition "; Bibliography: p. xxxv-xxxviii. 20 cm. xxxviii, 163 p. 20 cm. Dewey:813/.4 City and town life; Girls
- Freneau, Philip Morin, The American village ;a poem B. Franklin New York, 1968
Reprint of the 1906 ed., which was a facsimile, with introd. by H. L. Koopman and bibliographical date by V. H. Paltsits, of the 1772 ed xxi, 27, 57-69 p. facsim. 24 cm Dewey:811/. Club for Colonial Reprints, Providence.
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, Flower-de-luce. Reproduced in facsimile from the original ms. S. E. Cassino, Boston, 1883
Illustrated by Isaac Sprague [c1882]  l. col. illus. 21 cm Dewey:
- Randall, John Witt; Abbot, Francis Ellingwood Poems of nature and life, G.H. Ellis, Boston, 1899
by John Witt Randall; ed. by Francis Ellingwood Abbot, with an introduction on the Randall family Includes facsimile reprint of original t.-p. of "Consolations of solitude," 1856 Introduction: the Randall family.--Consolations of solitude.--Metamorphoses of longing.--Miscellaneous poems 566 p. 2 port. (incl. front.) pl. 24 cm Dewey:
- Santayana, George Lines on leaving the Bedford St. Schoolhouse. Trustees of the Boston Public Library [Boston] 1971
"Printed in facsimile ... from a copy in the Boston Public Library on the occasion of the visit to Boston of the International Society of Bibliophiles in September, 1971, in an edition of 150 copies." This copy not numbered. 21 cm.  p. 21 cm. Dewey:811/.5/2
- Smith, John; Fletcher, John Gould; Wroth, Lawrence C. The true travels, adventures, & observations of Captaine John Smith Rimington & Hooper New York 1930
faithfully reprinted from the original edition: with an introduction by John Gould Fletcher & a bibliographical note by Lawrence C. Wroth. With facsimile of original t.p., London, 1630.; "Three hundred and seventy-seven copies ... have been designed and printed by Richard W. Ellis: the Georgian Press. This is copy no. 100."; "Savoy editions, issue no. three."; "Bibliographical note": p. -80. 33 cm. ix, 80 p. front. (port.) illus., fold. pl., facsim., coat of arms. 33 cm. Voyages and travels.
- Stevens, Wallace; Stevens, Holly Letters Faber London 1967
selected and edited by Holly Stevens. Facsimiles on endpapers. 24 1/2 cm. , xxxix, 891; xl p. 20 plates (incl. facsims., ports.) tables 24 1/2 cm. Stevens, Wallace; Poets, American
- Tabb, John B. John Bannister [sic] Tabb on Emily Dickinson Seven Gables Bookshop, New York, 1950
Cover title "Five hundred copies printed. Facsimile of Tabb's letter to Frederick M. Hopkins  p. 28 cm Dewey:811.4
- Taylor, Bayard, Eldorado;being a true facsimile of the whole of the first 1850 edition, including the or[i]ginal color plates. L. Osborne, Palo Alto, 1968
With a biographical introd. by Richard H. Dillon Fold. map mounted on cover of v. 2 2 v. illus. (part col.) 20 cm Dewey:917.94/04/
- Thoreau, Henry David, Walden The Bibliophile society, printed for members only, Boston, 1909
Limited to 483 copies. Printed on Holland hand-made paper. 3/4 vellum with chocolate colored boards. 2 vols., Crown 8vo. Illustrated with and Engraving and 9 palladium Photographic prints by Herbert Gleason [iv], xxxii, [ii], [errata slip at xi], 208; [iv], 263 pp, 2 frontispieces, engraved title pages with 2 facsimiles of Thoreau's manuscript. Half vellum and boards. In slipcase. ( Nine copies printed on Japan vellum, and illustrated with nine original silverprint photographs of Walden and environs by Gleason. With portrait frontispiece, title in two states, one on vellum, all etched and signed by William Bicknell. Sumptuously bound at the Harcourt Bindery, in brown morocco, gilt, with green foliate onlays. Spine gilt in five compartments with raised bands, decorated with red floral onlays and gilt leafy tendrils. The doublures, framed by gilt-ruled turn-ins, are of turquoise morocco with floral onlays in three colors and swirling vines in gilt. Watered silk endleaves.) 2 v. fronts. (v. l. port.) illus., plates, facsims. 24 cm Dewey:
- Bestiary :being an English version of the Bodleian Library, Oxford M.S. Bodley 764 : with all the original miniatures reproduced in facsimile Boydell Press, Woodbridge [England] : 1993
205 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm
translated and introduced by Richard Barber
Other Facsimile books that may be of interest from the Bestiary catalogue:
Early Manuscripts at Oxford University Digital facsimiles of complete manuscripts, scanned directly from the originals
digital facsimiles of printed and manuscript music. Selected works from the Music Collections are being re-published in digital form in order to provide internet access to the collections of the Royal Library. Both manuscripts and printed music have been included: some are published expressly for printing, others are primarily intended for study. Most of the digitized scores can be seached and browsed in REX, while other materials are grouped in special databases and according to subjects. Questions about the digital music collection may be directed to: